- Work Release Rules & Forms
Work Release Rules & Forms
At the continuing discretion of the Sheriff, some model sentenced prisoners may be allowed to participate in the Jasper County Jail Work Release Program. The inmate must have a job with fixed hours at a fixed location (no “odd jobs” or “choring” or “driving” type jobs will qualify). The inmate must follow the Sheriff’s work release rules, all laws and the applicable jail conduct rules to be granted work release. Work release is wholly at the discretion of the Sheriff under the Sheriff’s rules but must be approved and authorized by the Court.
Work Release Qualifications
- To qualify for work release you must be a sentenced inmate. You must be sentenced on all charges you are being held on.
- You cannot have a warrant for another county.
- It must be in your sentencing order that you can have work release at the Sheriff’s usual terms and conditions.
- You must pass a UA test. If you fail the test, and are serving 10 days or longer, you can request to take a 2nd test 7 days after your first test. If you fail the 2nd test you do not go to work and you will not get another test.
- UA tests cost a nonrefundable fee of $10 each. This fee must be paid up front.
- You must have the appropriate work paperwork filled out, signed and notarized to qualify.
- Work release costs $30 per day or half your daily take home, whichever is less. If you wish to have the Chief Jailer look at lowering your work release charge you must provide your 3 most recent pay stubs. The only thing we will allow concession for is child support taken directly out of the pay check.
- Work release money must be paid before you are allowed to go out. If you are working 3 days or less you must pay the total amount up front. If you are doing a longer time you can pay daily before you go out or by the week.
Work Release Privilege Rules
You must review the Work Release Privilege Rules (PDF), initial each paragraph if you understand the rule and then sign at the bottom of this form acknowledging that you will abide by these rules. These rules must be signed by the person who will be going out to work to be valid.
Driver of a Work Release Inmate Rules
You must review the Driver of a Work Release Inmate Rules (PDF), initial each paragraph if you understand the rule and then sign at the bottom of this form before a notary public acknowledging that you will abide by these rules. These rules must be signed by the person who will be doing the driving and your signature must be notarized to be valid.
Work Release Form
The Jasper County Jail Work Release form (PDF) must be filled in by supervisor or department head.